Trimble is pleased to announce the introduction of the Trimble® Nomad® 5 handheld, a fully-rugged mobile computer designed for GIS data collection and asset management solutions. Merging a powerful processor with a flexible platform gives users a single solution device that is versatile to suit their workflows. The ability to attach interchangeable, user-replaceable modules provides professionals the capacity to customize their device for sub-meter accuracy or barcode and RFID readers—all in one integrated package. The Nomad 5 handheld is a new and improved handheld computer, the next generation to the legacy ultra-rugged Nomad series, offering easeof-use and reliability for the productive field worker in any condition or environment.
● Trimble EMPOWER module slot: user-interchangeable modules to customize the device for high accuracy, sub-meter data collection or asset management using barcodes or RFID readers.
● Up to date connectivity: integrated wireless options, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® and 4G LTE to enable real time collaboration and communication for greater efficiency.
● Ruggedized platform: a reliable device to depend on with IP65 and IP68 military-grade (MIL-STD-810G) certifications for water and dust, shock, drop, and vibration resistance.
● Large, bright 5-inch display: readable in bright sunlight and shadows for easy viewing of data, maps and photos.
● User-replaceable battery: all day long-lasting battery with the ability to swap batteries for a full day of work.
● Accurate GNSS receiver: positioning accuracy for professional grade tasks that supports GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou constellations as well as SBAS augmentation for improved real-time accuracy.
● Android 8.1 operating system: flexible Android™ 8.1 operating system with Google Mobile Services certification that allows professionals to install Trimble, third-party, or custom-developed applications easily on the device.